I’m inspired how design and technology continue to change the ways we consume digital content. Designing responsive websites and mobile apps is exciting to me. In my free time I like to build furniture, garden, and bike around the city.
Savannah College Of Art & Design
BFA Graphic Design, 2001 Cum Laude
School of Visual Arts
School of Continuing Education
Typography, Graphic Design, ActionScript I, ActionScript II
Awards & Recognition
AD WEEK 2008 Site of the Year; People.com
SCAD Rowing Team; Coaches Award 1997, 2000
SCAD Rowing Team; Varsity Captain; 2000, 2001
Quidsi, Amazon | SR GRAPHIC DESIGNER | 4/2012–PRESENT
Established new branding for diapers.com. Managed & maintained all creative for onsite & offsite advertising campaigns.
- Brand steward for marketing, copy & merchandising teams
- Ensure all creative aligns with marketing strategy
- Guide & support a team of junior & freelance designers
Digitalpulp.com | WEB DESIGNER | 3/2011–4/2012
Working in a small agency environment, I design web content for non-profits, educational institutions, healthcare, beauty, & real estate companies.
- Awarded design for a corporate identity system for Manaba, a Japanese software company
- Awarded design for Altus Group, a website for a global property management corporation
- Design & production for the new Quest Diagnostics website
People.com, Time Inc | WEB DESIGNER | 9/2007–12/2010
As one of 3 editorial designers, I designed new sections of the website, editorial specials, sales promotions, & microsites. Clients; AT&T, Toyota, Kraft, & Diet Coke.
- Designed the PeopleTV video franchise, leading to an immediate increase in the sites video streams per month.
- Launched PeoplePets.com. Designs included a logo, grid design, editorial layouts, & community site. Additionally, I created & maintained a style guide for the design, editorial, & sales teams.
- Created custom flash animations for special projects.
EW.com, Time Inc | WEB DESIGNER | 9/2009–9/2010
As a sole web designer for Entertainment Weekly, I worked closely with the editorial staff in a redesign of all digital extensions of the EW brand; website, WAP site, social media, iPhone & iPad apps.
- Redesigned the editorial section fronts; TV, Movies, Music, & Books, leading to a 33% rise in traffic to 7.2 million unique page views per month.
- Redesigned a new website masthead; flattened site navigation, aligned branding across printed, mobile, & desktop experiences, & highlighted the main content channels of the site.
- Revitalized TV Recaps section, the most visited section of the site. The show centric organization was favored by the site’s community.
People EnEspanol.com, Time Inc | WEB DESIGNER | 10/2008–6/2009
Designed editorial specials & modular page templates. Additionally, designed & built Flash animations for site specials & sales projects.
- Designed editorial modules for site recirculation, standardizing the site’s right column.
- Designed custom editorial layouts for annual editorial specials.
Inspireworksinc.com | WEB DESIGNER | 6/2003–1/2007
A small team of software developers in a start-up environment. Designed & produced all printed collateral. Designed product websites, web applications, & software screens.
- Established the start-up’s graphic identity for print & web.
- Designed & hand coded websites, blogs, & web applications.
Independent Design Projects
CUNY, College Now | 2/2011–9/2011
Logo redesign, WordPress template design, content strategy
CUNY, Middle Grades Initiatives | 2/2010–5/2010
Website & logo redesign, WordPress template design, content strategy
CUNY, NYCSEF | 9/2009–1/2010
Website & logo redesign, WordPress template design, graphics for promotional materials